FIRST OF ALL, Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes....you brought a tear to an old man's eye.
I gotta tell you, I love this time of the week. Where I get show my mad writing skills (such as they are) and think creative thoughts. Oh yeah, and I get to list stuff this week too!! Awesome!! Hit Mama Katt's blog to play along.
1.) What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?
(inspired by Tattooed Minivan Mom)
First song that comes to mind is "The Ballad of the Alamo" by . Not sure it is my life's anthem, but I find myself singing it quite often. (I guess because I'm a history teacher.)
2.) We love telemarketers don't we!?! Describe a memorable experience you had with one.
(inspired by Literal Dan
My favorite story is a friend of mine. He has once just layed down the phone without hanging up and about an hour later hung it up. I wonder how long the guy talked before he realized no one was listening.
3.) How much does focusing on weight affect your daily life?
(inspired by Musings Of A Blond Mom)
It is a huge part of my day. I mean, it takes skill to rationalize not working out. But, I do love to do curls...with a Shiner in my hand. But, after that , my workout time tends to interfere with my laying around time too much. I only run if I'm being chased by someone bigger or in pursuit of a ball of some sort. Running just to run, just seems pointless. Plus, if I were to do a pushup, I would get the Nacho Cheese Dorito stain that covers my fingers on the floor.
4.) Describe in what ways you expect too much from your significant other. Do they deserve an apology?
(inspired by Carty Party Of Three)
Apparently not, she exceeds mine every day. I'm sure I owe her an apology, but it's not for expecting more than she can deliver.
5.) List ten things that make you HAPPY.
(inspired by our irritation at our own complaining from last weeks "Sick Of" posts.)
10. Driving in a light rain...it's very relaxing.
9. Having a beer at a Rangers/Astros game. Nothing is better than a cold drink with the beauty of the ballpark.
8. Watching a good movie at the theatre with large coke and popcorn so buttered that you actually can feel your life shortening by a couple of minutes with every bite.
7. Making lists like me...like tomorrow's First 5 List will be GREAT MUTE cartoon characters.
6. A Robert Earl Keen concert...the man, the myth, the legend...there is no better (for my money anyway)
5. When a child gets what I'm trying to teach. It is the main perk of my job...it sure as hell ain't the pay.
4. Winning a large poker tournament.
3. Time with Friends. It is very unusual that I get this privilege, but I do enjoy catching up.
2. My girls laughter when they're acting "silly" Two girls running around screaming with joy is such a wonderful noise. Maybe someday I'll write a sonnet about it, but for now I'll enjoy this moment that flees so quickly into adolescence.
1. Sharing a laugh with Jill. Fortunately this moment happens a lot. I was fortunate to marry a girl with a great sense of humor and she 'gets' me. (I mean what other girl would stay up until midnight watching a Phineas and Ferb marathon.)
6.) Ok I was going to end it with five, but Laina just got out of bed as I was finishing this post and I SWEAR she is sleep walking. It's creepy. I keep asking her what she is doing and she's staring at me...but not directly at me...kind of just a centimeter to the left of my head. I KNEW she was a sleep walker. I just knew it. SO! Share a sleep walking story of your own!!
(inspired by my scary four year old)
I did have a 'fight' with invisible people in college in my room. My buddy said later that it seemed like I was in 'a fight to the death.' Of course, he stayed in his bed with his covers over his head hoping whoever was beating me up wouldn't look for him. Brave of him wasn't it? By the way, I won the fight against 'Those who do not exist'. By the way, you need to read Sneaky Momma's fight against sleep walking.