A while back, I watched a pretty damn good movie with Morgan Freeman (does he make bad movies?) and Jack Nicholson called 'The Bucket List.' Most of you are probably familiar with the movie, but for the rest of you, it's basically a list that you want to accomplish before you 'kick the bucket'. We all have our own list I'm sure, but I think I'll share the First Five that I have yet to accomplish.
5. Conquer my fear of singing in public. I would love to get on the main stage of Billy Bob's and sing some great musical composition. Of course, I would start a whole 'nother fear. Everyone else's fear of my singing.
4. Visit Washington DC. As a bit of a history buff, there is no place in this country that has more history and tradition, than the halls of DC. From the phallic object signifying the father of our country to the Great Emancipator sitting like the guy from that old commercial. (You know the guy has his butler play the song, "Ride of the Valkryies" on the phonograph and all of his crap starts sliding from the sound. Tried to find it on you tube, but couldn't.)
3. Stand on the sidelines of a Cowboys football game. Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in going to a game unless I'm in a box or on the field. Hangin' in out with the unwashed masses would not be my idea of a last hurrah.. Plus, if I'm going to fight that traffic, it better be worth it. By the way, if I do get inoperative cancer, the Cowboys better not suck.
2. Visit Hawaii. Not sure what I'll do on the fifty hour flight up there and back. But, I have always wanted to see the Island State and all the beauty it possesses. Play a round on a golf course that has literally fifty different colors of green on it...unlike some of the ones down here in Texas with the three different colors of yellow and brown.
1. Play in the World Series of Poker Main Event. Imagine the rush. Playing against some of the best players in the world and some of the worse players in the world. The first day alone would be cool with lots of 'players' dressing up in costume. It is like Mardi Gras.
I hope this gave you a lot to consider as, unless you are hindu or have some belief in reincarnation, we only get one go around on this ride. So, you might as well see the sights, such as the are.